Article Index

  • Ø You can apply for a PAN card by using the online facilities at the website of the NSDL or you can apply through any of the District level PAN agencies. If you need to apply for a new PAN number or make corrections on your existing PAN card you can do this using the above facilities. Use Form 49 A to submit an application for a new PAN.
  • Ø If you lose or misplace a PAN card you can apply for a duplicate, but the form will be different.
  • Ø If you are a foreigner or an NRI you can also apply for a PAN, though the procedures and the forms to be filled may be different.
  • Ø You can apply for a PAN through the NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) or through UTIISL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited)
  • Ø You can apply for a PAN card either online or offline.
  • Ø Once you submit an application as one of the above, you can track the status of your PAN application using the acknowledgment number given by NSDL.