Page 6 of 16
- Do fill in the name and address as given exactly in the documentary proofs you are attaching.
- Do get your thumb impression attested from a Magistrate or Notary to avoid being disqualified.
- Do give proper contact details and your correct address in the application.
- Do use capital letters when filling up the application.
- Don’t overwrite or make corrections on the application.
- Do expand all initials in your first or last name on the application.
- Don’t apply for a new PAN if your old PAN card is destroyed, lost or stolen, just apply for a duplicate.